Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Reading List

I read a few books this summer. They were good. I suggest them. First, any Pearls Before Swine comic collection. Hilarious. Just a couple pages each night before bed helped me fall asleep with a smile on my face. Second, Redeeming Love, by Francine Rivers. This was gut wrenching. A modern take on the story of Hosea, based during the CA gold rush. It's more of a girl book, but we could use a whole lot more Hosea-type guys, so it's worth reading. Another book: Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I can't really describe this book in a sentence. It's good. How was that? It's a challenging book, written exegetically, not just some guy with some cute ideas. It confronts the lukewarm Christianity that is embedded in our country. The final book I'd suggest is Forgotten God, also by Chan. The Holy Spirit is the forgotten God the title refers to. Both saddening and encouraging to see how little we keep God, but how unbelievably capable and powerful he can be, if we just ask. Every chapter is awesome, and I'm sure I'll put a section that especially convicted me on here before too long. A fantastic book. Highly recommend A++++++++.

That is all. This weekend I move my belongings into my tiny apartment in Minneapolis, but remain in Fargo for a little bit to wrap up flight school. praise the Lord for working everything out to allow that opportunity. And I am eagerly gearing up for my next major pulse check in the end of August. God is good. All the time. Even when I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment