Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bed Rest

Hmm, on my ipad I can only write these in an HTML format. I said that like I have a clue what I'm talking about.. The couple things I don't like about this ipad keyboard is the auto-fill functions. There aren't enough. The apostrophe is on a alternate screen, so if i type 'thats', theres no apostrophe. It also doesn't capitalize a stand-alone 'i'. Id rather it did. Ill also go back to adding apostrophes.
Anyway, I also discovered that you can add titles to these. I like that. This title wasn't very clever. But allow me to explain! Two days ago I began my illustrious career as a lab rat. Basically. Im not entirely sure what's going on, but this place tests prescription drugs on me, and I allegedly get money for it. They're not new drugs, though. It's drugs that have lost their patent, and we test the 'off-brand' drugs to make sure they have exactly the same treatment. So we take the pills, and then the blood draws begin. In the last 4 hours I've had my blood drawn about 10 times, with at least 5 more draws to come. Praise the Lord I'm not diabetic. I wouldn't have the patience for that. Or a military career. Another downside is the diet and routine. I'm very hungry. I haven't eaten in 18 hours. And they draw a ton of blood. Doesn't seem like a healthy thing to do, but I'm not the doctor. And the bed. Goodness. I have, no exaggeration, spent about 47 of the last 48 hours in a bed. And there are numerous times throughout the day when you have to just lay on your back. No books, no electronics, just lay there. On your back. Due to a back much older than I am, I don't fall asleep on my back easily. But if I lay there long enough (23 hours, for instance), I fall asleep. And I'm hooked up to a portable ECG thing around the clock, but I'm not sure what that's all about. I hope I get paid for this.
And I now wonder, "John, who cares? Nobody is going to read this." For Some reason it doesn't really bother me. Plenty of people write journals that nobody reads, but its' benefits are out of this world. Im done. The nurses are on there way for another ECG reading. I'd rather have food.

No comments:

Post a Comment