Friday, July 9, 2010

I have a little thing for comic strips. I don't know when it began, except that we received a daily newspaper when I was young, and I read the comics. I know my dad enjoys them, and often uses them as illustrations in sermons, so maybe that's where my interest came. Anyway, Calvin & Hobbes is far and away my favorite comic strip. One of the neatest gifts I've received was the Calvin & Hobbes anthology. Every strip. Ever. If you ever want to borrow them, let me know. Bill Watterson named his two main characters after John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes, well known theologians and philosophers. I just saw this picture on facebook and immediately stole it, because it makes me smile. And some people say I don't do that too often. I just thought I'd post it on here for no-one to see. I've mentioned that I started a blog to a couple people, but I have refrained from giving out the url, as I find some humor in the fact that nobody reads it. Maybe someday.. It's like an anti-facebook for me. Rather than everyone seeing what I think or do, no-one does. And maybe this is better. Blogging, that is. For one, it's more intentional, all the way around. The posts are more thought out, and people actually have to seek out the blog, not just passively browse the facebook homepage. I fear sharing too many opinions, though, so I'll stop. I like comic strips. Facebook is death for intentional, close friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment