Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thelma, my living organism.

My beloved scooter has a name. Thelma. That's implying that there will someday be a Louise to join Thelma on her many adventures. Brady.
I found out two weeks ago that Thelma is not just a scooter. She's alive. She had been really feeling under the weather in the mornings, and I was getting pretty concerned for her. I changed her oil, cleaned out her carburetor, replaced her air filter, and some other little things, but she couldn't kick her flu. Then, one day, her fever broke, and she was 'right as rain.' I haven't used that term in a coon's age. There's another one!
She just started taking off with the same youthful vibrance I had grown to love over the summer. It's great to have Thelma back to her old self, but as it grows colder, I fear her flu-like symptoms may return, and I'll need to let her sleep off the winter months. It will pain me to say goodbye for so many months, but love is letting go, and I know that decision will be best for both of us. The springtime reunion will be oh-so-sweet..

No comments:

Post a Comment