Wednesday, January 5, 2011

10 Things I Want To Do In My Life

Another unearthed high school writing project. This one is really amazing to me. The immaturity of some of my goals, and the shock that some of these have actually been realized. God is good. This is embarrassing in many ways, but it most certainly makes me smile when I read it. I'd like to edit some of the grammar and statements, but I will try to refrain. Aside from my family, nobody I keep in touch with anymore knew the Jonathan Stockeland that wrote this. God is good.

10. Drive route 66 with a bunch of friends in red 1960 Corvette Convertibles with white trim and white leather seats. Just cruisin' from Chicago to San Diego with my best friends, jammin' to the oldies. The people I'd take with has changed.

9. No more outer space. Far too unrealistic. I would still like to be sitting on top of Mt. Everest someday. Maybe they could just set me up there with a helicopter to save some time.

8. Acquire a pilot's license. Probably for leisure and not as a career. But who knows? This summer my brother let me fly and airplane for a while and it was one of the most awesome experiences of my life. Really, really, cool.
(way to use non-descriptive, cliche words, 17 yr. old Jonathan..)

7. See the Twins, Vikings, and Pacers all win national championships before I die. This dream has dropped a few spots in the last year. I'm still the same sports fanatic, though. Even more so. Yes, it is possible. Twins are out of the playoffs this year, but I didn't cry. Pacers won't win the NBA Finals this year. However, my beloved Vikings are going to win their first Super Bowl ever this year!! It is about time! I can't take another playoff loss anyway.
(sports teams losing was the apex of emotional turmoil in my childhood. I was known to cry from time to time.)

6. If I could own any sports team, I would want the Vikings. I bleed purple and gold. I live and die every week in the fall. Fortunately, the first 7 weeks of this season have been all living for me. That's right, the Vikes are 6-0. Last time they started this well was 3 years ago when they were eventually walloped in the playoffs by the Giants. Things are different this year. I can feel it.
(Things weren't different that year, and I found out that I actually bleed red.)

5. I want to attend college and graduate. Emphasis on graduate. Right now I'd like a major in U.S. History or Criminal Justice.
(The most achievable goal on my list, and 5 majors and 4 colleges later, I'm still chasing it.)

4. (This one is so very sad and materialistic) Along with that stock 2004 Viper of mine, I have added a new dream car to my fleet. A custom black '96 Impala SS. I'm limo tintint the windows, putting 20 inch spinnin' blades on the wheels, dropping the frame 6 inches, and installing hydraulics. On the inside you will see two 7 inch LCD screens in the headrest and a 10 inch LCD on the dash right above my DVD compatible audio deck. The interior sound will be provided by 6 mids and 4 tweeters. The trunk will hold three 14 inch subs (unless I can fit larger) and two amps, all encased in acoustic plexiglass.
(Okay, I have to remove the last two sentences. It got out of control. The word 'heezie' was used.. I wouldn't take this car if it was given to me.)

3. I'd like to spend the majority of my lifetime in the North Dakota or Minnesota area. It's some of the most beautiful land in the world. And I have a lot of family in that area, which is VERY important to me.
(Okay, majority is pushin' it, but I'm surprised #3 has been moderately realized.)

2. I'd like to get married and have kids. This has jumped a few spots in the last year. It's not like I know how many kids I want and have all their names picked out. I just know I want to have a family with a wonderful wife.
(..Said the boy who hadn't even been on date.)

1. I want to live for God. I am a Christian and I am positive I will be going to heaven when I die. But I know I don't always live like a Christian should live and act like a Christian should act. I want to live for God in my life and do everything for his glory. I don't want to do anything self-pleasing if it's not pleasing to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment