Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A few of my favorite things. (abstract edition)

Peeling an entire orange with one, long, continuous peel.

Peeling the stickers cleanly off of computers, appliances, and other shiny objects that should not have stickers on them.

Turning over the last page on a book and setting it on my lap.

Finding an old photograph that I haven't seen in years.

Separating the egg white from the yolk.

Waking up on less than 3 hours of sleep with no perceived fatigue. Gonna be a good day.

Eating string cheese at room temperature, when it is at its' stringiest.

Laughing out loud.. by myself. Or with other people, I suppose.

You know the blue film that protects chrome and stainless steel? So great. To peel off, that is.

Removing a stain. from clothes, carpet, a countertop, you name it.

The texture of tapioca pudding.

Hammer-ons and hammer-offs on the guitar.

Slipping on ice, but preventing a fall.

The last minute of a run.

A ball point pen that rolls well.

Top Ten lists of anything. I miss ECP 5..

An empty sink.

Muscle failure.

Top speed on my scooter.

Any speed on my scooter.

My scooter.

Kneeling.

Avoiding the initial cold stream of water from the shower head.

Wearing my apron in the kitchen.

A tight spiral on a football. kicking or throwing.

A strong rebound in basketball.

A fluid 6-4-3 double play. Tinker to Evers to Chance.

Alleyways.

Mixing up scripture references.

Unexpected phone calls (..all phone calls).

Realizations about God's love that blindside me.

3x5 cards.

Praying on the phone.

Manual transmissions.

Double-headers.

Streakless windshield wipers.

Tucking in on a bicycle.

Watching bad memories become good.

Acting. Like, in a play.

When other people intercede for the desires of my heart.

To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment